Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips and assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning to the remaining cheeses; stir until blended. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with chips and vegetables. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip
"Tastes good in a pinch."
"You won't miss the fat in the sour cream....but the cheese just isn't the same. However, as reduced fat goes, this recipe is good."
"We made this for a cooking class I was teaching. The kids loved it!!! Super Yummy!!!!"
"This does not taste light and is a constant on Mexican night."
"Very tasty. You can't tell that you've used reduced fat ingredients."
"My husband, Don, could eat this dip every week if I let him! Though we live in Sedona, the winters can get chilly, and we really enjoy this dip with different cut vegies, chips and crackers. Thanks for a great recipe! Joy Wilmot"