Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips and assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning to the remaining cheeses; stir until blended. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with chips and vegetables. Yield: 32 servings (2 tablespoons each).
One serving (2 tablespoons dip) equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.