Makeover Cheesecake Bars Recipe
With a very rich, creamy cheesecake filling over a thick nutty crust, it's not difficult to figure out why people love these bars so much! —Becky Stone, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar blend; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar and flour until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg substitute, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 bar equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC