With a very rich, creamy cheesecake filling over a thick nutty crust, it's not difficult to figure out why people love these bars so much! —Becky Stone, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar blend; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar and flour until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg substitute, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Cheesecake Bars in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p10
Reviews for Makeover Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2015
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2012
"Love these makeover Cheesecke bars!! Never have leftovers when I take this to potlucks.....WW 6 pp! I sometimes cut my bar in 1/2 so I can have some next day!!"