- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble beef and sausage into a large nonstick skillet; add onion.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the spinach, ricotta and egg. Add 1
- cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar
- cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and cinnamon if desired; mix well.
- Stuff pasta shells with meat mixture. Arrange in two 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the sauce
- ingredients; spoon over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed shells equals 318 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.