- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; stir in parsley and remaining garlic powder. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Reviews for Makeover Cheddar Biscuits
"I made these for several family get togethers, everyone loved them."
"These biscuits were not only easy to make but also delicious. I added Old Bay seasoning to my butter mixture as well as in the biscuit batter."
"Love these...the only things that I did differently were to use 2 Tablespoon cornstarch and add in enough flour to make 1 cups worth (in place of 1 cup cake flour) and I did double the amount of butter topping that you brush on at the end (I ran out!). Otherwise great!"
"I made a mini-mini version of these morsels as an appetizer and they almost evaporated from the tray - guests devoured them. I used a melon scoop for the size, and that was perfect."
"I just made these, and they are amazing! super simple and delicious!"
"I did make mine with cake flour and was pleased with the results. I did the lemon juice in the milk to make buttermilk trick and I was asked for the recipe so I think it was a success. It's hard not to over mix trying to get all the flour in I'll have to work on that."
"These were so good....light and fluffy. Thought I was at that famous restaurant. Didn't have any cake flour....so just added a teaspoon of corn starch to A P flour. Delicious."