Makeover Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Please makeover the Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster … yummy! —Janie Paull, Clio, Michigan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; stir in parsley and remaining garlic powder. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC