Makeover Cheddar Biscuits
Please makeover the Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster … yummy! —Janie Paull, Clio, Michigan
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4
- teaspoon garlic powder and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in
- buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden
- brown. Melt remaining butter; stir in parsley and remaining garlic
- powder. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.