Please makeover the Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster … yummy! —Janie Paull, Clio, Michigan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; stir in parsley and remaining garlic powder. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Originally published as Makeover Cheddar Biscuits in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p25
Reviews for Makeover Cheddar Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review