- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; stir in parsley and remaining garlic powder. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Reviews for Makeover Cheddar Biscuits
Sort By :
"These biscuits were not only easy to make but also delicious. I added Old Bay seasoning to my butter mixture as well as in the biscuit batter."
"Love these...the only things that I did differently were to use 2 Tablespoon cornstarch and add in enough flour to make 1 cups worth (in place of 1 cup cake flour) and I did double the amount of butter topping that you brush on at the end (I ran out!). Otherwise great!"
"I made a mini-mini version of these morsels as an appetizer and they almost evaporated from the tray - guests devoured them. I used a melon scoop for the size, and that was perfect."
"I just made these, and they are amazing! super simple and delicious!"