- handle, remove chicken from bones and cut into 1/2-inch pieces;
- discard bones.
- In a large stockpot coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the celery,
- beans, carrots, parsley and Italian seasoning. Stir in broth and
- chicken base. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in noodles and corn. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 3
- minutes. Add okra; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until noodles and okra
- are tender. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 149 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.