- granules, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk,
- applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Coat muffin cups
- with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in
- oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 237 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.