Makeover Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic and remaining Cajun seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and pepper.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to the onion mixture. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve chicken with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup pasta equals 421 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Cajun Chicken Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.