- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add broccoli and onion; saute until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, 1 cup cheese, milk, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Broccoli Cheddar Brunch Bake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Makeover Broccoli Cheddar Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2014
"This is so good and left overs if there are any are just as good"