Makeover Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free noodles
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Whisk remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the beef, salt and remaining pepper; heat through. Add sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup beef stroganoff with 1/2 cup noodles equals 351 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Makeover Beef Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.