- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cottage cheese, egg and parsley.
- Spread meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, Italian cheese blend, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Makeover Beef & Sausage Lasagna
Sort By :
"I made this recipe ver batum as it calls for. And it was delicious! Was searching high and low for a great lasagna recipe and I've found it!"
"This was really good. I thought I'd miss having fewer noodles in it but I didn't. I didn't put any sausage in it. Instead, I just used 1 lb of ground beef instead of 3/4 of a pound. I also added 1 more cup of spaghetti sauce to the meat sauce mixture cause my fam likes saucy lasagna! I am so impressed with the 3 g of fiber and 23 g of protein! Wow, this really fills you up!"
"Simply the best. Rich, zesty, cheesy goodness in every bite. Don't change a thing on this one."
"BEST healthier lasagna I've ever made!"
"The lasagna was heavenly. I used my own canned tomato sauce along with a jar of store bought spaghetti sauce and I used smoked turkey kielbasa because my store didn't have the links. This is recipe that I will keep. Thank you Jacob Kitzman for a healthy and tasty lasagna."