- cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually stir
- in broth. Add the parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and hot
- pepper sauce. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining flour with milk until smooth;
- add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until slightly thickened.
- Peel and cube potatoes; add to soup. Add bacon. Cook and stir until
- heated through. Add cheese and green onions; stir just until cheese
- is melted. Garnish with additional parsley, cheese, green onions and
- bacon if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional toppings) equals 235 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.