- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat fettuccine
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook chicken and garlic in butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Add cream and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the spinach, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and half of the bacon; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Bacon Chicken Alfredo
"Too bland for our taste. Like the bacon though."
"Love this recipe... I do substitute the 2% milk and the half and half for 1% or skim milk and instead of regular bacon I use turkey bacon... so it's relatively easy to cut down the additional salt and fat. Every member of my family loves it"
"I make this recipe all the time for my family and it is simply delicious."
"This was rather boring...really not very flavorful."
"I used leftover rotisserie chicken. It was great."