Makeover Au Gratin Hash Browns Recipe
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream and soup. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.