- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream and soup. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Au Gratin Hash Browns
Sort By :
"This was good but I thought there was too much topping. If I make this again,I will cut the topping down by a half. Otherwise, the flavor was very good and even better leftover"
"Always a hit at family potlucks! For the sour cream, I use 1/2 sour cream and half plain yogurt (greek yogurt is a little too tangy); I rarely make the cornflake topping."
"I used unsalted butter and low-sodium cheese ,to reduce the content more in this recipe."