Makeover Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
This sugary-topped apple coffee cake is a delicious way to get your family out of bed in the morning. Our pros lightened the original up, but this makeover version is still scrumptious to the core! —Denise Snyder, Lemoyne, Ohio
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be sticky).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, sugars and cinnamon. Spread half of the batter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with apples; sprinkle with half of the topping. Gently top with remaining batter and topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 266 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Apple Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC