- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and walnuts; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Apple Bread
Sort By :
"I made this recipe with early apples (more tart) from my grandpa's orchard and it turned out wonderful! I took it to work and everyone asked me for the recipe! !!"
"This was fantastic! I did wind up adding more applesauce because the batter seemed dry."
"Like others suggested, I used 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce and added 1 cup of mashed banana and more cinnamon & vanilla (personal preference). Omitted topping but sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top -- might add to batter next time! Preferred this to the first one which I made by directions -- good but not as moist!"
"I used Splenda in place of the sugar to lower the calories and doubled the apple sauce to increase the moisture. It was wonderful and will be my go-to recipe for left over apples!"
"I make this bread often, I usually double the amount of apple sauce for a more moist bread. It never last long in our house."