Make Once, Eat Twice Lasagna Recipe
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 4-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Drain noodles. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with three noodles, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 cups meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and freeze one lasagna for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining lasagna at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 4. To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 lasagnas (12 servings each).
1 piece: 365 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Make Once, Eat Twice Lasagna
"Good solid basic recipe. As it doesn't quite fill the pans 12 servings would be on the smaller side. And yes 2 lbs of ricotta at least. Only thing I added was about 1 tsp Italian seasoning per pan added to the top of each casserole."
"I made an account just to say how awesome this recipe is! It really cuts down on prep time if you buy the no-boil lasagna noodles. Also, I agree about the ricotta. You will need a little bit more than the recipe calls for. I sauteed some fresh garlic with the meat as well.This freezes so well, and has helped me so many times on those days you don't want to cook or do anything! I usually serve this with caesar salad and garlic bread or steamed broccoli. Please, please make this! SO Yummy!!"
"I wondered if anyone can tell me how to make this without cooking the pasta separately? I've seen recipes like that in the past, and I think extra water is added to the sauce, or perhaps there are no-cook lasagna noodle but I cannot remember how to prepare it that way Thank you so much? ."
"A perfect lasagna and freezes SO WELL! My new go to lasagna recipe."
"Not only is this an easy and great lasagna recipe, but it is so nice on those nights where you don't have time or aren't in a creative mood to just pull the 2nd one out of the freezer. Also good for bigger crowds. Have recommended to many people."
"Forgot to rate it last time. Added that and also wanted to note that I also used 2 lb of ricotta when I made based on another reviewer's suggestion."
"I have made this at least 10 times for family and friends. I only would like to mention that you need to use at least 2 lbs of ricotta cheese. There is no way to have 1 cup of ricotta mixture for each of the 3 layers without at least another 1/2 lb of ricotta. You may even want to use more if you don't want the layer of cheese to be skimpy. I typically substitute dried Italian seasoning for the dried parsley.Otherwise, this is a delicious dish."
"I thought the recipe was great. I used plain sauce, so I added Italian Seasoning to it to add some flavor. We baked the 2nd one from the freezer about 2-3 weeks later and it was wonderful too."
"please forgive the grammatical errors..getting sleepy :)"
"This lasagna delicious. I made this last weekend. The only suggestions I have is to use 2 lbs of ricotta instead of 1 1/2 lbs and to use fresh parsley instead of dried. Otherwise, great recipe!!"
"My mother loves this. I make some extra and freeze. So convenient!"
"This is a great recip, easy to prepare and best of all you get two meals with it or you can feed a crowd. My family devoured it and asked for more!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.