Make Once, Eat Twice Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 jars (26 ounces each) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 4-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Drain noodles. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with three noodles, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 cups meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and freeze one lasagna for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining lasagna at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 4. To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 lasagnas (12 servings each).
1 piece equals 365 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.