From El Campo, Texas, Kathy Berndt shares this tangy salad that's chock-full of garden-fresh goodies. "Storing it in the fridge overnight helps blend the flavors," she explains.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cucumber; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Vegetable Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p10
Reviews for Make Ahead Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review