I like experimenting with different combinations and this is one of my most popular creations. I make it often for potlucks and seldom is there any left over.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) small peas, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, peas, corn, onion, green pepper, cucumber and pimientos. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Vegetable Medley in Country August/September 1996, p51
Reviews for Make-Ahead Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review