- 180°, basting occasionally with broth mixture. Cover loosely
- with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
- Remove turkey from pan; let stand at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Carve turkey; place in shallow freezer containers. Pour strained
- juices over turkey; cool completely. Freeze, covered, up to 3
- To serve: Partially thaw turkey in refrigerator overnight. Preheat
- oven to 350°. Transfer turkey and cooking juices to a baking
- dish; pour broth over turkey. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until
- a thermometer reads 165°.
- Remove turkey from baking dish, reserving cooking liquid; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey. Yield: 16 servings (2-1/2 cups gravy).
Editor’s Note: It is best not to use a prebasted turkey for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons gravy equals 479 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 64 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer