Make-Ahead Sticky Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These scrumptious rolls are made with convenient frozen bread dough and can be prepared the night before and baked the next morning.—Mark Clark, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Divide evenly between two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Top with raisins if desired.
- 3. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place with cut side down in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator; cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours. Cover loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC