- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup ATHENOS® Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tub (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14x9 inch), thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- MIX first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- SPREAD 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- FREEZE up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices. Yield: 30 servings or 5 logs, 6 servings each.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups Provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
Reviews for Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2014
These were very good and easy to make. I liked how you could make them ahead. So many appetizers that you bake can't be made ahead. Definately will make again!