Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Meet the Cook: As a high school vice principal with a 5-year-old daughter, I especially appreciate the convenience of this dish. I've served it for breakfast and also as part of a full brunch buffet along with breads, biscuits, bagels and side salads. -Diane Sackfield, Kingston, Ontario
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour, cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in cheese until melted; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add eggs and salt; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Add the cheese sauce and broccoli; mix well.
- 3. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 354 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
"I actually leave out the vegetables."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC