Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Meet the Cook: As a high school vice principal with a 5-year-old daughter, I especially appreciate the convenience of this dish. I've served it for breakfast and also as part of a full brunch buffet along with breads, biscuits, bagels and side salads. -Diane Sackfield, Kingston, Ontario
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour, cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in cheese until melted; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add eggs and salt; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Add the cheese sauce and broccoli; mix well.
- 3. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 354 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
"I actually leave out the vegetables."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC