Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 8 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer potatoes and onions. Combine the flour, soup and milk until blended; pour over each baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: about 20 servings.
1 cup: 192 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes
"Bumped into this recipe looking for something different to make/take to husband's family reunion. Looks fairly easy to make and delicious."
"This recipe is delicious and very easy to make. It is comfort food and the recipe can feed a crowd. I halved the ingredients and it easily fed 10. I served it with ham and everyone loved it. I used 1% milk and low sodium soup. Great!"