After our memorable lakeside ceremony, guests gathered with Creighton and me at a nearby hall for our reception. A dear friend, Sharon Kramer, fixed good home-style food. Her tempting menu included these delicious potatoes. They're special, but made with convenient canned soup.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 8 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer potatoes and onions. Combine the flour, soup and milk until blended; pour over each baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: about 20 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p36
Reviews for Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2013
"Bumped into this recipe looking for something different to make/take to husband's family reunion. Looks fairly easy to make and delicious."