Make-Ahead Rhubarb Slush Recipe
- 8 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Lemon-lime soda, optional
- 1. In a large kettle, combine the rhubarb, water, sugar and lemon juice; cook until the rhubarb is tender. Strain, reserving juice. Add gelatin to hot juice, stirring until dissolved. Pour into a 5-qt. container or individual plastic cups; freeze.
- 2. To serve, allow mixture to thaw until slushy. Add 2 tablespoons lemon-lime soda to each serving if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 239 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Make-Ahead Rhubarb Slush
"This recipe is so easy and quick to make, so refreshing on a hot day, and everybody loves it. I'll keep the frozen mixture on hand as much as possible."
"This slush is excellent with a splash of vodka!"