If you're blessed with an abundance of rhubarb each spring, this recipe is for you! Whether you use fresh or frozen rhubarb, it's a refreshing accompaniment for any brunch.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Strawberries
- 8 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Lemon-lime soda, optional
- In a large kettle, combine the rhubarb, water, sugar and lemon juice; cook until the rhubarb is tender. Strain, reserving juice. Add gelatin to hot juice, stirring until dissolved. Pour into a 5-qt. container or individual plastic cups; freeze.
- To serve, allow mixture to thaw until slushy. Add 2 tablespoons lemon-lime soda to each serving if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Rhubarb Slush in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p89
Reviews for Make-Ahead Rhubarb Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review