Make-Ahead Potatoes Recipe
- 10 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a bowl; mash. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, onion and salt; stir until smooth and the cream cheese and butter are melted. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; drizzle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate or bake immediately, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer. If potatoes are made ahead and refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Potatoes
Sort By :
"This recipe finds it's way to my table time after time!!"
"My family loves these potatoes! I make them often for holidays and it is so great to make them the night before and just heat the next day!"
"These potatoes are awesome. My family and I love them. I like that you can make them the day before and just heat in oven."