Make-Ahead Potatoes Recipe
- 10 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a bowl; mash. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, onion and salt; stir until smooth and the cream cheese and butter are melted. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; drizzle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate or bake immediately, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer. If potatoes are made ahead and refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Potatoes
Sort By :
"Delicious flavor, wonderful with gravy!"
"This recipe finds it's way to my table time after time!!"
"My family loves these potatoes! I make them often for holidays and it is so great to make them the night before and just heat the next day!"
"These potatoes are awesome. My family and I love them. I like that you can make them the day before and just heat in oven."
"I've been making these delicious mashed potatoes for years. Not only are they yummy, but you are not mashing potatoes while your guests wait."