Frozen bread dough makes this ooey-gooey breakfast treat a snap to make. I have used this for Christmas because I can prepare it the night before, which allows me to join the family in seeing what Santa left under the tree.
Featured In: 12 Ways to Make Monkey Bread
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pudding mix and cinnamon. In a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, layer a third of the pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar mixture, 2 tablespoons butter and half the rolls. Repeat layers. Top with lemon juice, remaining pecans, brown sugar mixture and butter; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Originally published as Make-Ahead Monkey Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p32
Reviews for Make-Ahead Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review