My husband and I have company often. Keeping a supply of these frozen meatballs on hand means I can easily prepare a quick, satisfying meal. I start with a versatile meatball mix that makes about 12 dozen meatballs, then freeze them in batches for future use. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs Recipe >
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls, about 12 dozen.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at
- 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often;
- drain. Cool.
- Place about 30 meatballs into each freezer container. May be frozen
- for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 30 meatballs per
Nutritional Facts: One serving of 5 meatballs (prepared with egg substitute) equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 meat, 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.