Make-Ahead Meatballs Recipe
Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs Recipe >
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls, about 12 dozen.
- 2. Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain. Cool.
- 3. Place about 30 meatballs into each freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 30 meatballs per batch).
One serving of 5 meatballs (prepared with egg substitute) equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 meat, 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.