Make-Ahead Meatballs Recipe
Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs Recipe >
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls, about 12 dozen.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain. Cool.
- Place about 30 meatballs into each freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 30 meatballs per batch).
Reviews for Make-Ahead Meatballs
Sort By :
How do you cook the frozen meatballs? Do they need to be thawed first?
I was unsure if we would like these since the recipe sounded bland; so I only made 1 pound. They were very easy and quite nice. I am a meatball lover but I do not love making them. This was easy. I think next time I will add a little allspice and perhaps a cream sauce to make them more like Swedish meatballs. Hubby like them too. I baked them on nonstick foil and the cleanup was simple.
These meatballs are great. I made these using the ingredients listed, but added about 1 teaspoon of dried parsley to a half recipe. Rather than baking them on racks, I lined my pan with foil and sprayed it with nonstick cooking spray. They baked just fine this way, and the cleanup was easy. Thanks for this recipe.
Good and easy - nice to have in the freezer for last minute meals.
Just made these yesterday so I could store them in the freezer for spaghetti & meatballs. Smelled great while making them. I did add a 1/2 t of italian seasoning (i only made 1/2 recipe) as I plan to use them solely for italian dishes.