Make-Ahead Meatballs Recipe
Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs Recipe >
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls, about 12 dozen.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain. Cool.
- Place about 30 meatballs into each freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 30 meatballs per batch).
Reviews for Make-Ahead Meatballs
Sort By :
"The original recipe for these in quick cooking has different things to do with them when you get them out of the freezer. I enjoy all of the adaptations: meatball sandwiches, spaghetti and meatballs, Swedish meatballs and I am not sure of the final one, I lost that page. They are all good though."
"How do you cook the frozen meatballs? Do they need to be thawed first?"
"I was unsure if we would like these since the recipe sounded bland; so I only made 1 pound. They were very easy and quite nice. I am a meatball lover but I do not love making them. This was easy. I think next time I will add a little allspice and perhaps a cream sauce to make them more like Swedish meatballs. Hubby like them too. I baked them on nonstick foil and the cleanup was simple."
"These meatballs are great. I made these using the ingredients listed, but added about 1 teaspoon of dried parsley to a half recipe. Rather than baking them on racks, I lined my pan with foil and sprayed it with nonstick cooking spray. They baked just fine this way, and the cleanup was easy. Thanks for this recipe."
"Good and easy - nice to have in the freezer for last minute meals."