Make-Ahead Meatball Salad
I must admit when my husband's grandma served this, we were all a little leery. But the first bite was very convincing...and then we couldn't get enough of this tasty salad. - Rexann LaFleur, Twin Falls, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Caesar Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine beef and bread crumbs. Shape into 3/4-in.
- balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Cool for 15-30 minutes.
- Place Italian salad dressing in a resealable plastic bag; add
- meatballs. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Drain and discard
- marinade. On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange greens,
- onion, cheese and olives. Top with meatballs. Drizzle with dressing.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.