Make-Ahead Meatball Salad Recipe
I must admit when my husband's grandma served this, we were all a little leery. But the first bite was very convincing...and then we couldn't get enough of this tasty salad. - Rexann LaFleur, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Caesar Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef and bread crumbs. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool for 15-30 minutes.
- 2. Place Italian salad dressing in a resealable plastic bag; add meatballs. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Drain and discard marinade. On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange greens, onion, cheese and olives. Top with meatballs. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC