- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper and chives if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in milk. Microwave 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"We feel it tastes better on day two and prepare it in advance on purpose."
"Great recipe... It was so nice to make ahead and have ready for Thanksgiving dinner!! So fluffy and creamy; will absolutely make again."
"Restaurant quality - reminds me of a steakhouse version of mashed potatoes I've had. They're light and creamy texture, lots of flavor in each bite!"
"Good recipe to use at holiday time or for any special meal. I tried DianaNC's suggestion to use the crock pot, but found 5-6 hrs is too long - the potatoes were starting to get too dried out. Maybe she used a 3 qt pot - I used a 5. Next time I'll decrease the time. Excellent!"
"Super, Super, Super! My family loved these mashed potatoes to eat, and I loved making them ahead of time, and reheating in the microwave. Will definitely be making this again!"