- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper and chives if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in milk. Microwave 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
Great recipe... It was so nice to make ahead and have ready for Thanksgiving dinner!! So fluffy and creamy; will absolutely make again.
Restaurant quality - reminds me of a steakhouse version of mashed potatoes I've had. They're light and creamy texture, lots of flavor in each bite!
Good recipe to use at holiday time or for any special meal. I tried DianaNC's suggestion to use the crock pot, but found 5-6 hrs is too long - the potatoes were starting to get too dried out. Maybe she used a 3 qt pot - I used a 5. Next time I'll decrease the time. Excellent!
Super, Super, Super! My family loved these mashed potatoes to eat, and I loved making them ahead of time, and reheating in the microwave. Will definitely be making this again!
I have made these for years and they are wonderful. I have made them up to 5 days ahead and they stay fresh. Put in crockpot on low 5 to 6 hrs with a pat of butter on top the morning of the feast.