Remember whipping up potatoes at the last minute before holiday meals? Never again! These are the most delicious mashed spuds we've ever tasted - but best of all, you can make them the day before the feast.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper and chives if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in milk. Microwave 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p44
Reviews for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review