- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper and chives if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in milk. Microwave 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
"Wonderful recipe. The whole family enjoyed this dish. Used 6 large potatoes. Would absolutely make this again. Thanks for an awesome recipe."
"I made a batch and a half of these delicious potatoes for our Thanksgiving meal this year. I stirred up the recipe the day before, then warmed them (on low) for 4 hours in my 5-qt. crock pot, stirring occasionally . Everyone loved them! I will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"I have made these several time and prepare them the day before. I put them in the crockpot and store in the fridge until the day of. I only turn the crock pot on about 2 hours before we are eating to warm them. No need to have them heating all day."
"We feel it tastes better on day two and prepare it in advance on purpose."
"Great recipe... It was so nice to make ahead and have ready for Thanksgiving dinner!! So fluffy and creamy; will absolutely make again."