Make-Ahead Marinated Shrimp Recipe
"Dress up your holiday buffet table with this tasty shrimp recipe. You'll have time to enjoy your party because this appetizer is that easy." – Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the shrimp, artichokes and mushrooms; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 cups.
1/3 cup equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC