- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp, artichokes and mushrooms; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Marinated Shrimp
"No one liked it and no one ate it!! Sounded good at the time and I bought large expensive shrimp!! Big mistake."
"This recipe is so easy and so good. I got rave reviews and several requests for the recipe."
"Excellent and very quick to make. This is even better a few days later (if that's even possible)."
"My neighbor make these last week for our annual Christmas Party ..they were a BIG hit"