- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a 6-qt. bowl, layer half of lettuce, onion, celery, green pepper, water chestnuts and peas. Combine mayonnaise and sugar; spread half over the salad. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the cheese and bacon if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p31
Reviews for Make-Ahead Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review