Make-Ahead Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza and marinara sauces. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, parsley and pepper.
- 2. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.