This salad is an all-time favorite. I reach for the recipe whenever I need a dish to pass. It’s easy to make, can be assembled ahead of time and looks great. —Noreen Meyer, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with chicken and peas. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended; spread over top. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Hearty Six-Layer Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p36
Reviews for Make-Ahead Hearty Six-Layer Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review