Make-Ahead Hearty Six-Layer Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with chicken and peas. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended; spread over top. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Hearty Six-Layer Salad(3)
Sort By :
Thanks for such a great salad. Since it has chicken in it, I make it when I want a light lunch or dinner and have a fruit medley for dessert. Since I'm gluten sensitive, I substituted rice for the pasta. Also sauteed the onion a little before adding it to the dressing because I just don't like raw onion. I'll make this again and again.
This was served at Bridge Club last night. It was great!!!
This is a great salad, easy to make, light & tasty for the summer; however, I will be making it year around.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Memorial Day Recipes >