Make Ahead Golden Knots Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 teaspoons sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, oil, salt, remaining sugar and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide into four portions. Cover three pieces with plastic wrap. Shape one portion into 12 balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck and pinch ends under. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Place rolls on greased baking sheets; brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- 5. To serve immediately, bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes. To freeze for later use, partially bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Cool and freeze.
- 6. To use frozen rolls: Reheat frozen rolls at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 95 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Make Ahead Golden Knots
"I made these alot when my kids were younger so nice to have on hand to pull out at the last minute and finish baking, taste just as fresh as the day you made them. I had lost the recipe so i am really tickled to find it again. I will be making these soon so I always have fresh dinner rolls on hand."