Make-Ahead Glazed Brownies Recipe
"Since I'm the designated 'dessert lady,' I often rely on these moist brownies for last-minutes treats," relates Barbara Robbins of Delray Beach, Florida. "I've been making the sweet snacks for years and they're high on everyone's list of favorites."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and sour cream. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well after each addition.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw and cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC