Make Ahead German Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add soda and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil and stir for 1 minute. Gently stir in potatoes and bacon; heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 124 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Make Ahead German Potato Salad
"Best GPS I've ever had. Don't let the Sprite scare you!"