Make Ahead German Potato Salad Recipe
Relate Jesse and Anne Foust from Bluefield, West Virginia, "We like to make this chunky salad the day before to let the flavors mellow."
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add soda and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil and stir for 1 minute. Gently stir in potatoes and bacon; heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Make Ahead German Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC