Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast Recipe
My husband loves to try new recipes and discovered this eggnog-flavored toast. Preparing it the night before is a great time-saver for a busy morning.
- 5 slices white bread (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place the bread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC