Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast
My husband loves to try new recipes and discovered this eggnog-flavored toast. Preparing it the night before is a great time-saver for a busy morning.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 5 slices white bread (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the bread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a
- bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2 tablespoons melted
- butter. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pan. Brush with
- remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Carefully turn slices
- over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly
- puffed. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 5