My husband loves to try new recipes and discovered this eggnog-flavored toast. Preparing it the night before is a great time-saver for a busy morning.
Recommended: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
- 5 slices white bread (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the bread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p28
Reviews for Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review