Make-Ahead Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Mix brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove coffee cake from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Mix icing ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 336 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Make-Ahead Coffee Cake
"Very moist and good coffee cake. Have made it when we have company and everyone thought it was yummy!"
"Nice thought to be able to put the ingredients into a pan overnight, then bake in the morning, but I thought this turned out rather dry. It also didn't rise as I thought it would either. Will go back to my old recipe."
"Wonderfully moist coffee cake. It is so easy to throw the ingredients together and bake the next morning. Most coffee cakes I have seen bake close to an hour. This cuts down on the time with most prep work done the day before, only baking and putting a drizzle on it before heading out the door. Everyone I have served it to loves it."