Make-Ahead Chicken Casserole Recipe
“This hearty entree offers a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. Whenever I make it, someone asks for the recipe.” Best of all, you can fix it ahead to simplify mealtime. —Sue Kennedy, Galloway, Ohio
- 1 package (6 ounces) Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, broccoli, soup, milk, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper and mushroom mixture; transfer to a greased 13-in x 9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until stuffing is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 501 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Chicken Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC