Make-Ahead Chicken Bake Recipe
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimientos, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, chow mein noodles and almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 365 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.